What are cookies
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the Internet, providing countless advantages in providing interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of our website.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treated, the data obtained can be distinguished in two types:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the
publisher but the information collected is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the customer’s browser, and may be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information and their only purpose is to retain it for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Customization Cookies: allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional settings from which you access the service, etc.
- Analytical Cookies: allow the person responsible for them the monitoring and analyzing of behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by
configuring the browser options installed on it. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu for instructions. The user can at any time choose which cookies they want to operate on this web site.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser through tools such as the following ones
Cookies used on www.corunasenodio.org
Below we identify the cookies that are being used on this site as well as their type and function:
- pll_language: own cookies, session and technical, are used to save the user’s language preference.
- viewed_cookie_policy: own cookies, session and technical, are used to know if the user has already accepted the cookies policy.
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
In view of this information it is possible to take the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the site during the current session.
- Close. The warning will be hidden on this page.
- Modify your settings. For more information on what cookies are, to read the Cookies Policy of www.corunasenodio.org and to modify the configuration of your browser.